Contact the Information Officer
If you have any requests or complaints about personal information we process about you and your access to that information, you may contact our Information Officer.
- Some (anonymous) information about your website usage may be collected automatically by accessing and using this website, and other (personal) information may be processed by us after you have voluntarily consented to share it with us.
- We are bound by conditions for the lawful processing of (personal) information as set out by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), and by conditions for accessing this information as set out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”).
- Information that is automatically collected by accessing and using this website, cannot be traced back to you. It is anonymous information, and may include the IP address your device uses to connect to the Internet, device and browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system, page interaction and navigation. The information is collected by Google Analytics, and used by us to better understand how our website is accessed and used. If you don’t want us to collect this information, you could install this browser add-on or change the cookie settings in your browser. That is not something we can do for you. Just remember that some website functionalities require cookies to work. For example, this website will still function as it should without Google’s cookies, but our online shopping may not work if you disable all cookies.
Personal information received from you
- Personal information is information by which you may be identified.
- We only process personal information that you voluntarily submit to us, and use it for the purpose we indicate at the time of collection. If we want to use your personal information for any other purpose, we will ask you before we do, and you may refuse.
- You warrant that all personal information provided by you is accurate, complete and not misleading.
Personal information received from third parties
- Before you share personal information about other people with us, read this
- Before we agree to receive personal information from third parties, we require evidence of their compliance with the notification obligations in terms of Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and Section 12(b) of POPIA (for EU citizens) and in terms of Section 18 of POPIA (for all other citizens).
Section 18 POPIA notification
- (a) We may need to collect or process your name, surname, email address, phone numbers, physical and postal address, as part of our normal business operations.
- (b) The responsible party is JA CLIFT (PTY) LTD.
- (c) We may need to process personal information about you in terms of our contractual and legal obligations or to protect your and our legitimate interests. Where there is no such obligation or interest, we will ask you to consent to the processing of your information.
- (d) and (e) Most of the personal information, in particular information that allows us to identify, contact and receive payments from you, must be submitted by you, otherwise we cannot manage our transactions and communications with you. Some personal information, like personal views, preferences and requirements, is only shared voluntarily by you, and there are no consequences to failing to share this information.
- (f) Some of the information must be processed by us for tax and accounting purposes.
- (g) We do not share your personal information with third parties, other than Operators that are contracted by us to manage your information on our behalf in terms of sections 20 and 21 POPIA. These Operators include www.onlinebrandambassadors.com (web master).
- (h) You have the right to request access to information we process about you, and the right to request amendments. If you have reasonable grounds related to your particular situation, you may also object to our processing of your personal information. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator at JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001, P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017, Tel No. +27 (0) 10 023 5207, complaints.IR@justice.gov.za, firstname.lastname@example.org
By subscribing to our mailing list, you accept that the JA CLIFT (PTY) LTD Foundation NPC may collect, store and use your personal data for the purpose of sending you direct marketing messages as per s69 of the Protection of Personal Information Act (4 of 2013, “POPIA”) for as long as you don’t withdraw your consent. Operators ito. s20 POPIA contracted by us may be given access to this data, subject to our authorisation and under condition of confidentiality. You may at any time withdraw your consent by using the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of every email we send out.
Forms and documents related to the protection of your personal information.
- Request Access to information
- Request for Deletion or Correction of Information
- Objection to Processing of Information
- Complaint Regarding Interference with Protection of Information
- The content of correspondence, including but not limited to email, fax, and text messages sent to you personally is never intended for public access – it is intended for the addressee only, and may include personal information about us or you. If you are not the intended recipient of such correspondence, do not forward, disseminate or publish its content. Please notify us and destroy the content. We apologise for any inconvenience, and guarantee to rectify the mistake with immediate effect. No correspondence can be guaranteed to be 100% secure or error free, and we do not accept liability for any errors in its content, or for harm resulting from the publication or dissemination of its content without our express consent.